In 2012 I moved into a new house in the Kanaleneiland area of Utrecht. Living in the neighbourhood were lots of creative people, including a big population of musicians.
At the initiative of Casper Broekaert, Tommy Ebben and Anne-Marie Gort we started the Knalland community, a collective of creative people with the goal to have something to show to the world within in 1 year.
It ended up being a full album, along with some videos. I ended up producing (and playing multiple instruments) on 7 songs. Martijn Groeneveld and Pim vd Werken were responsible for the final mixes. Knalland was released in 2013.
– Stones was recorded with Eloi Youssef (vocals), Maarten Rischen (mellotron) and Frank Wienk (percussion).
– Brick by Brick was recorded with Casper Adrien (vocals/guitar), Otto De Jong (drums), Daniel Rose (bass), Maarten Rischen (mellotron) and Hicham Oujamaa (percussion).
– A Life Anew was recorded with Tommy Ebben (vocals, ukelele), Gino Bombrini (drums), Morris Kliphuis (horns), Matthijs Barnhoorn (violin), Arie Schockaert (electronics) and Maarten Rischen (keys).
– I’m A Woman was recorded with Guy Corneille (vocals), Sofie Letitre (vocals), Maarten Rischen (keys), Matthijs Barnhoorn (violin), Frank Wienk (percussion) and Bram Hakkens (drums).
– Insights was recorded with Vera Otte (vocals) and Otto De Jong (percussion).
– Wake Up was recorded with Sofie Letitre (vocals), Floris De Vries (banjo), Gino Bombrini (percussion) and Maarten Rischen (keys).
– Benjamin was recorded with Annelotte de Graaf (vocals), Otto de Jong (drums), Marlon Penninkhof (guitar/vocals) and Thierry Castel (keys), and taken from the Amber Arcades sessions.